VSdocman 6.3 released
- 04 Apr 2013 20:09
A new version 6.3 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is a Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008/2005 add-in for a quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
This minor update adds some new features and fixes some problems. You can download it from here.
What's new in VSdocman version 6.3:
- NEW: Added new <br/> XML comment tag which lets you insert a newline. Unlike the <para> tag, it doesn't create a new paragraph. You can press SHIFT+ENTER in comment editor to insert this linebreak.
- NEW: Output messages and warnings during compilation are logged also in VS Output window and Error List (as clickable warnings). The same applies when compiling the documentation from command line, for example, in post-build event.
- NEW: Added the option not to sort See Also links. By default they are sorted alphabetically. You can now suppress it with setting in project properties, not accessible from GUI. Just open .vsdoc file for the project and change value of "VBdocman_dontSortSeeAlsoList" key from 0 to -1.
- CHANGE: New code files added to a project are automatically included for compilation even if VSdocman isn't launched when the files were added. And it automatically works for all profiles, not just the current one. This is caused by the fact that VSdocman now saves explicitly excluded files instead of included files. To apply this change, you need to re-save project properties. Just open VSdocman main window for a project (switch to each profile if any) and press OK.
- CHANGE: Better responsiveness for large web site (not web application) projects.
- CHANGE: In HTML output formats, the links to external URLs, defined with <see href=...>, will open in the top window instead of the right frame.
- FIX: Linked (included with Add as link) *.designer.cs/vb files were incorrectly listed in Project Properties - Code Members - Files.
- FIX: Sometimes, usually when IE 10 was installed, an existing link couldn't be edited in WYSIWYG comment editor.
- FIX: Adding a See Also link in WYSIWYG comment editor didn't work correctly.