VSdocman 5.0 released
- 08 Mar 2010 12:05
The new version 5.0 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is Visual Studio 2010/2008/2005/2002/2002 add-in for the quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
You can download version 5.0 (5.43 MB) from here.
What's new in VSdocman version 5.0:
- NEW: Added support for Visual Studio 2010.
- NEW: Added Hebrew he-IL localization and right to left text direction support.
- NEW: Added Georgian ka-GE localization.
- NEW: Regex filters allow to search also in member XML comments.
- NEW: You can use new $CURSOR$ macro in comment templates. This macro specifies where the cursor will be positioned after inserting XML comment using "Add XML comment" function.
- NEW: Comment templates also for parameters. For example, the following sentence is generated for parameter of EventArgs type: "An EventArgs that contains the event data.". Due to these new commenting features you should update you preferences (you can use "Reset" button to get default templates with all new features).
- NEW: Extension methods are listed also on Members and Methods pages for types on which extension methods operate. This works for your own extension methods and also referenced (e.g. LINQ) methods. For example, if your class implements IEnumerable(T) interface, methods such as GroupBy, OrderBy, Average, and so on will be listed on its Members and Methods page.
- NEW: HelixoftHelpReg.exe utility accepts new -z argument now. When this argument is used, the utility always returns 0 (OK) as exit code, even if there was an error during execution. This is useful if you include HelixoftHelpReg.exe as custom action in your MSI package and you don't want to cancel whole installation if there is some problem with help registration. MSI automatically fails if custom action returns non-zero value.
- NEW: The $MEMBER-ASSEMBLY-VERSION$ macro which shows version number of documented assembly. You can use it anywhere in your comments, templates, footer or custom topics.
- CHANGE: Improved resolving of incomplete links. For example it is no longer necessary to prepend dot in <see cref=".prop1" /> link pointing to prop1 property in current class. Instead you can use just <see cref="prop1" />.
- CHANGE: Links to referenced external members that are not part of .NET framework (e.g. third-party controls) are no longer generated. Only the plain text is generated now. It's because there was only small chance that such help topic existed and these links caused "not found" error. If you still want to generate the links, you can set it manually in project properties. Just open .vsdoc file for the project and change value of "VBdocman_linkForExternalNotInFramework" key from 0 to -1 (there is no GUI option).
- FIX: When targeting .NET framework 3.0 and higher, the XML comments from framework members were not always inherited correctly.
- FIX: Links to generic members and to methods without parameters were broken in generated class diagrams.
- FIX: Links to online MSDN help didn't work for some members (e.g. System.Collections.Generic.LinkedList(T)) in generated html_msdn2 output.
- FIX: In html_msdn2 output, if there was inline link to external URL, there were no scrollbars when external document was displayed.
- FIX: WYSIWYG comment editor produced wrong cref links to methods whose parameters were constructed generic types, e.g. MyMethod(T).
- FIX: WYSIWYG comment editor produced wrong comments on some rare occasions - if there were blank lines inside <code>, bulleted or numbered lists contained only one item and others.
- FIX: Changes in comments in external XML comment files included with <include> tag were not updated in generated documentation. Restart of VS was needed.