- Document your .NET code on a professional level.
- Generate comprehensive MSDN-style class documentation for your C# and Visual Basic .NET projects, with custom topics, IntelliSense and F1 context sensitive help.
- See how easy the code commenting with XML doc comments can be with powerful comment templates and sophisticated WYSIWYG comment editor.
VSdocman is an ultimate API documenting tool for every Visual Studio developer - whether you create a class library, a component, a control, an application, a smart device or a web site (ASP .NET).
VSdocman, as a .NET documentation compiler, is directly integrated in Visual Studio so it will assist you with complete process of creating a documention. This includes intelligent semi-automatic commenting of your code elements, creating additional topics (non-API reference), generating and deploying the documentation.
Based on your settings, VSdocman scans a VS project or a solution, and then it generates the final documentation. It automatically reads namespaces, types and their members. Summary, remarks, parameter descriptions and other content are extracted from XML documentation comments (which start with /// or ''') in your code.
Move your documenting to the next level
Everything directly in Visual Studio. Save your time, effort and money. With VSdocman, you can generate documentation from the .NET XML comments with just a single mouse click.
Flexible output formats
Create professional technical documentation in multiple and localizable formats - HTML, CHM, Microsoft Help Viewer (VS 2012/2010 help), MS Help 2 (VS 2002 - 2008 help), Docx (OOXML format used in MS Word which can be easily exported to PDF), RTF, Help & Manual , XML and others.
Let VSdocman automatically comment your code. Don't author the XML comments and common phrases manually. Intelligent comment templates make it significantly easier to write comments.
Make your XML comments better. Use the WYSIWYG comment editor to insert tables, lists, pictures, links and other formatting directly in your XML doc comments.
Add clickable class diagrams anywhere in your documentation.
Complete authoring solution
Create a complete end-user manual with your own topics, such as overview, examples, license agreement, usage descriptions, etc.
VS help integration
Fully integrate generated help into Visual Studio help system including IntelliSense and F1 context sensitive help. Your assemblies will look like a part of the .NET framework.
Easily deploy and register the documentation on target computers. No more troubles during installation.
Command line mode
Generate documentation in a command line mode during your automated builds.
Learn more about VSdocman features.
What you get with VSdocman:
- All in one solution. You can create complex comments, generate VS documentation and then deploy and register it. Everything directly from Visual Studio.
- Professional documentation of your code can be created in seconds for your customers, clients, you and your co-developers.
- Consistency. All changes in the code are automatically reflected in newly generated documentation which is always up to date and accurate.
- Documentation in various formats and languages can be produced with a few mouse clicks.
- Efficient communication within a team, especially when a version control (e.g. TFS, SVN or SourceSafe) is used. Each developer comments his code. Everybody in a team can then see the comments, get an on-line help and use IntelliSense tooltips to easily understand the code.
- The source code is precisely commented and looks professional.
VSdocman works as an add-in with:
- Visual Studio 2012 - all editions except for Express edition
- Visual Studio 2010 - all editions except for Express edition
- Visual Studio 2008 - all editions except for Express edition
- Visual Studio 2005 - all editions except for Express edition
If you want support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and 2002, then you need to use older version 5.5.
Supported .NET Frameworks: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.