How can I print whole CHM file?
You can print the whole chapter with subtopics. Just select the header in table of contents in CHM. Right-click and Print. Select Print the selected heading and all subtopics. As you can see, the output doesn't look good. However if you print just single topic, it looks fine.
This is known problem with CHM. There is however a way to print whole CHM, originally proposed at http://helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm#chmtopdf.
- Open CHM and select the header in table of contents.
- Right-click and Print. Select Print the selected heading and all subtopics.
- While this prompt is still shown, go to your TEMP folder (usualy c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp ), and find the latest file of the pattern "~hh*.htm". This is a concatenation of all the HTML files in the heading you wanted to print.
- Copy this file elsewhere before cancelling (or continuing) the print job, as the file will then be deleted. In our case, copy it in your VSdocman output folder. It's because VSdocman output folder contains all the CSS and scripts to display the help correctly.
- Open the file from there with Internet Explorer (not Firefox or other browser). You should see all topics displayed correctly. Now you can print the file. You can customize the headings and footers in IE File - Page setup