How does "Find interesting references" feature work?
VSdocman looks for implemented interfaces or interface implementing classes, argument types of current method or types used inside current method.
For example, let's have the following code:
Public Interface SampleInterface
Public Class SampleClass1
Public Class SampleClass2
Public Sub sampleMethod1(ByVal x As SampleClass1)
Public Sub sampleMethod2()
Dim tmp As SampleClass1
Public Function sampleMethod3() As SampleClass1
- SampleClass2 in SampleInterface because SampleClass2 implements SampleInterface.
- SampleInterface in SampleClass2 for the same reason.
- SampleClass1 in sampleMethod1 because it is used as its argument.
- SampleClass1 in sampleMethod2 because it is used inside the method. It must be declared using Dim.
- SampleClass1 in sampleMethod3 because it is used as return value.