VSdocman 5.1 released - with support for VS 2010 help format
- 17 May 2010 01:00
The new version 5.1 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is Visual Studio 2010/2008/2005/2002/2002 add-in for the quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
You can download version 5.1 (5.6 MB) from here.
What's new in VSdocman version 5.1:
- NEW: VSdocman now fully supports new MS Help Viewer format used in VS 2010 help.
- NEW: You can use path macros such as $(ProjectDir), $(SolutionDir) and $(VSdocmanDir) for specifying output folder, external files folder and templates folder. For example you can define output folder as $(ProjectDir)..\..\VSdoc. This is useful when sharing .vsdoc project properties in source control system.
- CHANGE: Improved handling of operators. Operators are now listed separately, they have correct syntax in all languages, they use correct cref syntax in links and their pretty file names don't contain forbidden characters.
- CHANGE: Improved saving of a project properties (.vsdoc) file. If the file is under source code control, it is first checked out before saving. The file is now saved less often, only when really necessary. Now, the settings in this file are not ordered randomly so the source code control isn't confused. Moreover, the properties are saved in more readable format for easier conflict resolving with source code control.
- CHANGE: When you add a new file into C# project, the file is automatically added to the list of files to be compiled.
- FIX: VB 2010 introduced implicit line continuation, i.e. in many cases, you can continue a statement on the next consecutive line without using the underscore character " _". Sometimes, VSdocman failed to recognize or insert XML comments in these cases.
- FIX: When the "Compile Solution to Single Documentation" was used, only the regex filters from a base project were applied to all projects. Regex filters from individual projects were ignored.
- FIX: When you defined your own additional namespace placeholders in custom topics then a "ghost" "New Topic" was generated in documentation TOC.
- FIX: Class diagram was not generated if it was not updated according to actual source code. For example the diagram contained a deleted class. Now the diagram is generated and a compilation warning is displayed.
- FIX: When using the <include> tag in custom topics, the <summary> part was not included from external XML file.
- FIX: Compiling from command line with "compileProject" operation failed if the project was nested in a solution folder in its solution.
- FIX: When the "Compile Solution to Single Documentation" was used with RTF output, there were no code members present in a documentation.
- FIX: When you added a new file into VB project, the list of files to be compiled was cleared.
- FIX: Once you loaded a solution with only one project, the "Compile Solution to Single Documentation" and "Compile Projects in Solution Separately" buttons stayed disabled forever. Even when you later opened solution with more projects. You needed to restart Visual Studio and open the multi-project solution.