VSdocman 4.4 beta Released
- 24 Sep 2009 13:38
The new version 4.4 beta of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003/2005/2008 add-in for the quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
This beta is quite stable and it's possible that it will become full version without changes. You can download version 4.4 (4.8 MB) from here .
What's new in VSdocman version 4.4:
- NEW: You can include clickable class diagrams in documentation. Create nice diagrams and insert them with <img> XML comment tag. The comment editor fully supports this feature. Class diagrams are only available in VS 2005 and higher.
- NEW: You can define unlimited number of user tags for your own sections in documentation. Previously it was possible to define only 5 user tags.
- NEW: Added Chinese localization for generated output.
- NEW: Improved HTML output. You can now open particular topic directly. When you enter URL of some topic in the browser, the complete help with table of contents will be shown automatically. This way it is easy to send URL of particular topic to your customers or coworkers. To get URL of the topic, just right-click on the topic in TOC and select "Copy link" from browser context menu.
- NEW: Improved HTML output. The table of contents is automatically synchronized with topic open in right frame.
- NEW: The type name XYZ in text "(Inherited from XYZ.)" on members page is clickable link now.
- FIX: Opening comment editor with XML comment containing the <img> tag caused freezing of Visual Studio on Windows Vista. Initial insertion of picture worked well, however.
- FIX: The "Auto-find" button for searching the hxcomp.exe didn't work in VS 2008 with VS 2008 SDK installed.
- FIX: Some <see> links to custom non-API topics were not working in HTML documentation.
- FIX: There was no footer text in generated topics with enumerations.