(9. November 2005)
- NEW: Added structured TOC also to standard modules in *_structured templates. Standard module now acts exactly as class.
- FIX: The problem only occurs after you run and close your application. Then, if you point to any private function and open the pop-up menu and click "Add VBdocman comment" or "Comment Editor", nothing happens.
- FIX: See Also, Examples, Methods, Properties, Applies To links in HTML output didn't work on local machines.
- FIX: Sometimes the following error occurs during startup: "Cannot create VBdocman item in Add-Ins menu".
(17. June 2004)
- Added new $TEMPLATE-PATH$ macro in macro language.
- HTML output has now modern look, fixed scroll bars in table of contents and there is no limitation for output path without whitespaces.
- Modules in the Options dialog are sorted alphabetically now.
- Each warning is displayed only once in the progress dialog.
- Paths (e.g. output path) may contain '$' characters without being handled as macro now.
- Paths (e.g. output path) may contain foreign non-English characters now.
- Fixed problem with special chars <, >, &, " and ? in XML output.
- There were no context IDs generated for members without any comments. Fixed.
- @includesource tag always returned non-empty value even if there was no value specified.
- VBdocman parsed incorrectly if the last function parameter was array without type specified. Fixed.
- Fixed parsing of constant value in @set tag if it was string with spaces.
- @same tag could cause cycle and IDE freezing. Fixed.
(12. December 2003)
- Added $IMG$ macro which allows to add image into documentation.
- Added $CHRnnn$ macro which allows to add any ASCII character into documentation.
- Added $LS$ macro which allows to add link into documentation.
- If "Add Help Context IDs" option is not checked, then help file name in Project Properties is not rewritten. This allows you to use your end-user documentation for your application instead of technical documentation.
- "VBdoc" folder is not automatically created on VBdocman startup. It is only created when output directory doesn't exist or VBdocman is launched for the first time with particular VB project.
- Templates for CHM with menu are removed because they differed from CHM with dialog on very old Windows systems only. Now there is only template for one CHM format so that users were not confused by two CHM formats.
- Reading from and writing to hidden Description attribute now works for modules, forms and classes too.
- If the comment editor was started when the source code selection was made, it was not initialized correctly. This bug is fixed.
- If there was some problem with saving files during compilation e.g. output path didn't exist, the error message was displayed for every generated file. Now the compilation stops when user presses Cancel button for the first file.
- HTML and RTF code is always correct now. When there was source code containing e.g. "x<>y" then HTML Help compiler reported warning about empty HTML tag. You can now replace any string by other string during compilation, e.g. "<" by "<".
(8. August 2002)
- Project groups are supported now.
- XML output format added.
- Ability to create and edit example files directly from comment editor.
- Ability to include code samples directly to comments without need of example files. New $CODE$ and $END-CODE$ macros were added for this purpose.
- Pop-up menu contains three items now: "Add VBdocman comment", "Comment Editor" and "Copy as Code". The last one allows to insert formatted fragments of code into comments.
- User can choose whether the member summary should be written to hidden Description attribute during compilation. In the last version this could not be disabled.
- User can select whether the source code is included in documentation. Therefore, there is no need of separate templates with source code. User can also select whether the source code is included for each member individually using new @includesource tag.
- There is a new button in comment editor for automatic finding of interesting links in See Also section. When you press it, editor automatically shows a list of suggested links that might appear in See Also section. You can then select which are to be inserted. VBdocman looks for implemented or implementing classes of current class, argument types of current method or types used inside current method.
- Comment editor supports word wrapping and can process $EOL$ as new line to be more WYSIWYG.
- One file output documentation (RTF) has topics ordered structurally not alphabetically. They appear in the same order as in structured table of contents.
- Help for VBdocman is context-sensitive.
- During every compilation a new line was added to the hidden Description attribute. The bug is fixed.
- There was a wrong output if the return type of method was array. The bug is fixed.
- If the variable was declared using "New" keyword (e.g. private x as New MyClass), the "New" appeared also in documentation. The bug is fixed.
- Info for context-sensitive help was not written properly into source code in v2.1. The bug is fixed.
- Other small "cosmetic" changes.
(6. June 2002)
- The user-friendly comment editor is added.
- Templates for structured table of contents are added. That means that in the contents every form and object item contains sub-items for methods, properties and events.
- There is a possibility to select template folder.
- The progress is shown during compilation.
- Member description from its comment is automatically added to Description attribute, as thought it was added using Tools -> Procedure Attributes menu from IDE. This allows the description to appear in Properties window and Object Browser as well.
- Macros for source code, declaration and scope are added.
- The start-up problem with non-english VB IDEs should be fixed. Tested with german version.
- The problem with executing temporary batch file during compilation on WinNT is fixed.
- Outline level of H1 style in RTF templates is corrected to value 1.
(27. September 2001)
- New comment tags are added: @author, @revision and @version.
- User can define up to 5 own comment tags.
- The program processes also private variables and constants now.
- External declarations are supported.
- "End of line" macro is added and can be used directly in comments to invoke new line in generated documentation.
- Text on the title page of generated documentation can be edited directly from VBdocman dialog.
- There are two modes of processing indents in comments. VBdocman comments indentation can be ignored now.
- VBdocman appears also as an icon on standard toolbar in VB IDE.
- After compiling the documentation user can easily show it by pressing newly added button.
- ParamArray argument is processed correctly.
- When there is only Get property (no Let or Set exists), data type of this property was not reported. Therefore "Returns" section is added for property.
- Properties with multiple arguments are processed correctly.
- Title for Properties link in some templates, which was misspelled is corrected.
- Switching to other application when compilation dialog was shown caused that it was impossible to return back without minimizing all other applications. This bug is fixed.
- A space is added before "Default" word in automatic text in @param section.
- When nothing goes to compilation (empty documentation is generated), the compilation is finished correctly.
- When compiling HTML documentation, some files were not overwritten, if their older versions existed in the output directory. This bug is fixed.
- HTML documentation does not report "Cannot load class ..." when viewed from web server.
- The problem with executing the temporary batch file during compilation on some systems is fixed.
- Many limitations are removed from the trial version.
(5. February 2001)
- VBdocman should automatically appear in Add-Ins list under all logins. There is no need to write into registry for every user.
- VBdocman main dialog is modal now.
- When first opening the main dialog, output path displayed in directory view was not the same as last saved. The bug is fixed.
- When VB project contained some special files (in Related Documents there was a file other than resource e.g. DLL), an access violation error occurred when attempting to load VBdocman. The bug is fixed.
- When statement in source code was broken into multiple lines, in very special cases VBdocman parsed definitions not properly. The bug is fixed.
- In some cases, when names of method arguments contained strings as Optional, ByRef, ByVal and others, VBdocman parsed definitions not properly. The bug is fixed.
- When logged without proper access rights, there was an access denied error during compilation because the system attempted to write some temporary files. The bug is fixed.
- The 5-second countdown in trial version is removed.
(9. November 2000)