The new version 5.5 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is Visual Studio 2010/2008/2005/2002/2002 add-in for the quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
This minor update adds some new features and fixes some problems. You can download it from here.
What's new in VSdocman version 5.5:
- NEW: Support for dependency properties and attached properties. See the "Using VSdocman - Tips & Tricks - Documenting Attached Properties" topic in the help for more details.
- NEW: Support for optional parameters in C#.
- CHANGE: Links to external types (e.g. .NET types) no longer need to be fully qualified. So instead of <see cref="System.String" /> you can use <see cref="String" /> or language specific <see cref="string" />.
- CHANGE: Texts in JScript syntax sections are localized now, e.g. "JScript does not support generic types and methods.".
- CHANGE: Constants and variables are no longer separated but grouped together under the "Fields" section in generated TOC.
- CHANGE: When you edit an <include> comment tag in comment editor, the editor automatically includes also the code element's cref prefix (M:, T:, ...) in the path attribute, e.g. <include file="external_comments.xml" path="doc/members/member[@name='M:MyNamespace.MyMethod']/*" />.
- FIX: Overloaded Explicit and Implicit operators in C# 2008 and 2010 were incorrectly identified as Addition operator.
- FIX: Some problems if your VB code contained elements with names enclosed within [ and ]. This is the case if VB code element uses the same name as some VB keyword. For example, if you want a class named Error, you declare it as Class [Error].
- FIX: F1 help for some code elements didn't work in MS Help Viewer (VS 2010) help format.
- FIX: Readonly fields were marked as constants in generated documentation.
- FIX: The text in <seealso> tags was ignored if cref attribute pointed to an external file or URL using cref="^..." syntax. The cref attribute value was displayed instead.
- FIX: The code elements of VB web site project (not web application) were not listed in generated TOC. They were only visible in Index.