VSdocman 7.0 released - with VS 2014 support
- 04 Nov 2014 16:10
We are glad to announce that the new version 7.0 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is a Visual Studio tool for a quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your C# and VB .NET source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
This major update adds support for VS 2014, many new features and fixes some problems. You can download it from here. If you have installed an earlier version of VSdocman, uninstall it before installing the version 7.0.
What's new in VSdocman version 7.0:
- NEW: Support for VS 2014 and VS 2014 help system.
- NEW: You can easily copy project properties from one project to other projects. There's a new "Copy" button on the left panel of the VSdocman project properties window. You can select which properties will be copied and to which project(s).
- NEW: Solution-wide common properties. They are used when you execute "Compile Solution to Single Documentation". They are saved inside a solution profile. You can edit them by clicking on the project name at the top of Project Properties in VSdocman and select SOLUTION-WIDE PROPERTIES.
- NEW: You can create and edit XML comments even in a shared project (.shproj), for example in Universal Apps.
- NEW: Enabled Ctrl+A in "Edit custom topic source" window and in "View source" tab in the comment editor.
- CHANGE: The concept of a "base project" when executing "Compile Solution to Single Documentation" is no longer used. The solution-wide common properties are used instead. You can select which common properties will override the properties from individual projects. This allows you for better flexibility. As a consequence, the /baseProject parameter is no longer supported in command line mode. If you already used "base project" before, you can easily copy its properties to the solution-wide common properties. In VS, select the project that served as the base project. Open VSdocman window and select Project Properties. Click the 'Copy' button on the left side and copy desired properties from the project to SOLUTION-WIDE PROPERTIES.
- FIX: F1 didn't work for constructors in VS 2010/2012/2013 help. Moreover, links pointing to external URLs (e.g. http) in VS 2012 and 2013 help didn't work.
- FIX: The <font> XML comment tag didn't change a text color in VS 2010/2012/2013 help.
- FIX: When the command line utility VSdocmanCmdLine.exe was executed with VS 2013 to compile a documentation for a project, then wrong project from the same solution could be compiled instead of the specified one.
- FIX: Occasional problems with class diagrams (warnings and diagrams not generated) when executing "Compile Solution to Single Documentation".
- FIX: If a code member or a topic had a link with an empty cref attribute in its XML comment, then some other links in the comment could be generated as an empty text.
- FIX: In website projects, sometimes the files in Project Properties - Code Members - Files were not grouped into folders.