VSdocman 6.2 released - with DOCX output
- 27 Feb 2013 20:12
A new version 6.2 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is a Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008/2005 add-in for a quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
This minor update adds MS Word docx output format and fixes some problems. You can download it from here.
What's new in VSdocman version 6.2:
- NEW: Added docx output file format. Now you can generate docx document in OOXML format compatible with MS Word 2007 and higher. You can later edit, print and convert it to PDF.
- CHANGE: Conditional compilation and regex filters are applied also to a list of members now. For example, if you override ToString method and exclude it from compilation with <compilewhen>never</compilewhen> the topic for that method will not be generated. But the inherited Object.ToString method was still listed in Members and Methods lists. This has now changed and the Object.ToString method isn't listed at all. The same applies to regex filters.
- FIX: In VB 2012, it is possible to omit the ByVal keyword for a parameter passed by value. VSdocman generated incorrect declaration as ByRef in that case.
- FIX: When compiling from command line with /operation compileSolutionToSingle, the compilation failed in the second pass. This problem only appeared in version 6.1.
- FIX: Comment editor inserted incorrect relative path to the XML file (one folder higher) in <include ...> comment tag.
- FIX: A dead link was generated if a <see> link to an enum was not specified with a full enum name (with the namespace).
- FIX: A random file named "NULL" could be created in the current directory when generating "MS Help Viewer" format.