VSdocman 4.2 released
- 05 Mar 2009 16:10
The new version 4.2 of VSdocman has been released. VSdocman is Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003/2005/2008 add-in for the quick commenting and automatic generation of technical documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files. For more information go to VSdocman home page .
You can download version 4.2 (4.5 MB) from here .
What's new in VSdocman version 4.2:
- NEW: You can create tables with more than two columns.
- NEW: Comment editor recognizes and converts the following HTML elements in XML comments: <strong>, <em>, <a href=...>, <a name=...>, <see href=...>, <p>, <br/>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>, <table>, <tbody>, <th>, <tr>, <td> and <pre>. So you can use HTML code in your XML comments and when you open comment editor, it will be automatically converted to XML syntax.
- CHANGE: WYSIWYG comment editor no longer removes top-level XML comment tags that are not supported or explicitly defined by user in options. This way you can add any number of your own top-level XML tags manually without being worry that editor will delete them.
- CHANGE: WYSIWYG comment editor no longer removes <see> tags without the text, e.g. <see cref="T:MyNamespace.MyClass" />
- FIX: VSdocman crash when documenting generic VB method whose type argument is array, e.g. Function MyFunction() As Dictionary(Of String, Byte()).
- FIX: No syntax declaration was generated for C# methods without parameters. This bug was introduced in version 4.1.
- FIX: Inactive links were generated for <see> tags with incomplete cref attribute (e.g. only class name without namespace and T: prefix) in <summary> section. It worked fine in other sections such as <remarks>.
- FIX: Error with missing pubsinterface.gif file in Help & Manual output.
- FIX: Error message when clicking the Constructors link in members page header in *_msdn2 formats.
- FIX: Incorrectly formatted text in clipboard after using Copy Code in help2_msdn2 output.
- FIX: Freeze during compilation on Windows 7 beta.