Warning: The dead link ...
When compiling the documentation, the following messages appear in the progress
Warning: The dead link 'LLL' was found in 'MMM' member of 'CCC' module.
The documentation is generated.
This is not a fatal error. It appears every time the link is to be created
to the target which does not exist in the resulting documentation. In this case,
only text which is not a link is created.
There are several reasons why the target does not exist:
- The link in the VBdocman comment in relevant tags (@see,
@same, ...) is misspelled.
- The link is correct but the target is not included in the documentation
See also Troubleshooting: Topics Not Created.
There are two reasons why the link is created:
- It is explicitly defined in VBdocman comment by user using the relevant
tags (@see, @same, ...)
- It is created automatically. When VBdocman compiles member MMM (method,
property, event, variable, constant) of some class or form CCC, it automatically
creates Applies To list of links to the classes
and forms containing this member. At least it should contain CCC class or
form. As described in point 2. above, there is a possibility that CCC is not
included in documentation. This is the most common reason for the warning.
- Make sure that all explicit links in VBdocman comments are spelled correctly.
- Make sure that all targets of all links are included in the documentation:
- Check Non-commented option
in Compiling options dialog when the target is not commented with VBdocman
comments or comment the target with VBdocman comments.
- Check the type of the target in the options.
- Select the module of the target in the options.
- Remember that all classes and forms are also potential targets of automatic
Applies To links in their members. Therefore,
the previous point also applies to them.
Send feedback to Helixoft
© 2000-2005 Helixoft. All rights reserved.