We have some great news here at Helixoft. We have reworked our VBdocman .NET and named it VSdocman 3.0. Why the name change? It’s because VSdocman supports not only VB .NET but also C# now. VSdocman is Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003/2005 add-in for the quick commenting and automatic generation of class documentation from your VB .NET and C# source code files.
You can take advantage of its WYSIWYG comment editor, multiple and localizable output formats - HTML, CHM, Help2, RTF, XML (including new MSDN2 look), command line tool for easy registering of Help2 on your customer’s computer and many more. Besides standard XML comment tags, you can use extended set of tags for formatting the text, inserting tables or pictures. Your C# or VB .NET Win Form, Smart Device or ASP .NET project deserves professional documentation.
You can download the beta version 3.0 (3.5 MB) from http://www.helixoft.com/net/vsdocman_3_0beta.zip
This new version introduces many great features. You can send your feedback about this beta version to email@example.com. The first 3 beta testers with relevant feedback will get one license of VSdocman for free.
You can also finish German and French localization of templates. It’s just short text in one text file, see VSdocman Help “Using VBdocman .NET - Tips & Tricks - Localizing the output”. And of course, you can add completely new language if you want. Just contact me first to avoid duplicate work.
What’s new in VSdocman version 3.0 (VBdocman .NET renamed to VSdocman):
- Added full C# support. The program now supports VB .NET and C#. That’s why it is renamed from VBdocman .NET to VSdocman.
- Localized output in several languages including English, German, French, Spanish and Slovak. Adding new language is just matter of editing one text file.
- All links (<see>, <seealso>, inheritance tree, types in declaration) can point to framework members now.
- Member declaration is shown also in C#, C++ and JScript syntax and types inside are shown as links.
- Added ability not to list member attributes in declaration syntax section (Miscellanous - Source Code settings).
- Inheritance tree shows all superclasses, even those outside the project, e.g. framework classes.
- Public variables in the class are no longer listed as properties. They are listed as fields now.
- Members on “Members” page are grouped and marked by accesibility (public, protected, …). Static members have “static” icon.
- Improved HTML output for even better cross-browser compatibility.
- Significantly improved performance speed.
- FIX: Comment editor was not displayed on computers with “Large Fonts” set.
- FIX: Problems with compilation of Declares in VS 2005.
- FIX: Problems with compilation of Events in VS 2005
- FIX: Problems in WYSIWYG comment editor: pasting multiple times, deleting text selection deleted also next character, inserting new section (e.g. Example) while text block was selected.
- FIX: Problems with remembering which files go to compilation.
- FIX: Incorrect values of enumeration constants that were not explicitly initialized.